I am a WRITER (fiction and plays) and ACTOR (stage, film, voice-over, role play, commercials/advertisements) who was born and raised in New York City (Eritrean father and Austrian mother) and has lived in Dubai for almost 20 years. My training has been primarily in theater techniques (LAMDA, Shakespeare, Stanislavski, Berkoof, Grotowski, with extensive work experience in immersive theater), but I am very interested in film and television work as well. I filmed my first commercial in 2020 and loved the experience.
I would love to find ACTING WORK in FILM; TELEVISION (programs or ads); VOICE-OVER (advertisements, storytelling, audio books, etc).
– Nov 2019: DTCM commercial: played a masseuse in a comical scene set in a Spa.
– 2017-2019: regular, ongoing annual role-playing for Royal College of Surgeons international exams.
IMMERSIVE PROMENADE THEATER:
– GATSBY: THE IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE, 2019: played CLAUDIA HIP in Dubai’s largest immersive production, staged over three levels of the historic QE2.
-SHAKESPEARE UNDER THE STARS: MACBETH, 2017: played multilingual WITCH + SEYTON in an all-female, immersive version of Macbeth staged at the Abu Dhabi National Theatre, Ajman Cultural Centre and Alserkal Avenue, Dubai. (Constellation Prod/UAE Ministry of Culture & Knowledge Development/British Council for UK/UAE Year of Creative Collaboration).
– SHAKESPEARE UNDER THE STARS: ROMEO+JULIET, 2016: Professional highlight playing the NURSE in Dubai’s first immersive, promenade production; part of British Council’s Shakespeare Lives (filmed by The Globe).
ALEX BROUN PLAY FESTIVAL, 2016:
-MARILYN MONROE in “Grace” (nominated for best actress award)
-2017: BELLE in “Bakeoff” (which I adapted and co-directed from Alex Broun’s original).
-2016: OPHELIA’s MOTHER in the Monologue “This is Not a Dream” (which I also wrote, produced and directed).
-2015: MAGDALENA in “Epilogue: The Daughters of Bernarda Alba” (which I also wrote and co-produced/directed.
-ONENESS, 2015: played ELIZABETH DUTCHER and MRS. HALE.
DRAMA COURSES AND ACTING CERTIFICATES:
– Rhiannon Oliver’s (Globe Theatre) SHAKESPEARE drama workshop, 2015.
– Four courses with Liz Hadaway, Constellation Dubai:
STANISLAVSKI (2014 and 2015), BERKOFF (2015), and GROTOWSKI (2018).
– Earned LAMDA certificate, Grade 4 in Group Acting (with Distinction) and Acting Combined Duologue/Monologue (with Merit), May 2014:
Midsummer Night’s Dream (BOTTOM); Mary Massacre (JENNY); The Daughters of Bernarda Alba MAGDALENA.